Frequently Asked Questions
What are the cancellation policies for the programme?
- The programme can be cancelled up until 45 days prior to the departure date. A cancellation form needs to be filled in order for a refund to take place. This will be processed within 30 working days after the cancellation notice day.
- The registration fee and the cancellation insurance are non-refundable.
- It is a participation requirement to acquire the Protection Plan which consists of the cancellation insurance and the SMART STAC assistance.
- The cancellation insurance allows all payments to be refunded with the exception of the registration fee and the cancellation insurance itself.
- The SMART STAC assistance protects all students from travel inconveniences during the programme such as flight cancellations and delays, lost baggage, lost passports and visas, etc.
Some of England’s main facts
- England is a country full of architecture, culture and art that offers something special for any visitor.
- England’s capital London, one of the world’s mos vibrant and fascinating cities.
- London’s multicultural and diverse population is composed by approximately 7 million people.
- The capital’s weather tends to be quite unpredictable, though rain and wind are very common.
- England’s time zone is 6 hours ahead of Mexico. Example Mexico 12pm; London 6pm.
- Voltage in England is 220 volts and the plugs used are different from other countries. Make sure to bring a compatible adaptor for electrical devices!
What airports are located in London?
- London Heathrow
- London Gatwick
- London Luton
- London Stanstead
- London City
Why airlines fly direct to London? (Mexico- London)
- British Airways (Mexico City – London Heathrow)
- Aeromexico (Mexico City – London Heathrow)
Who receives students at the airport when they arrive in England?
- Upon arrivals in London, staff from OEIG will be welcoming students at the airport where they will be eventually transport all groups to their assigned campuses.
How will students be in contact with their families while they are in England?
- The accompanying teacher of each group will receive a local mobile phone upon arrival on campus, which can be used to receive phone calls from students’ parents (teachers will only be able to receive calls, not make calls)
- The main channels of communication will be through our Facebook (www.facebook.com/worldenglishexperience) and Twitter accounts (@BEOlympics)
What sort of clothing should students bring to the programme?
- 1 pyjamas
- 2 jumpers
- 1 rain coat
- 1 scarf
- 1 set of thermal clothes
- 3 pairs of jeans
- 1 smart trousers
- 1 tracksuit bottoms
- 1 pair of comfortable shoes
- 1 pair of smart shoes
- 1 towel
- 7 t-shirts
- 10 pairs of socks
- 2 shirts/ blouses
- 12 underwear changes
- 1 pair of bathroom slippers
- 1 swimsuit
- Personal hygiene articles
- Alarm clock